A Sustainable Kitchen brings people together to learn, share, innovate and discuss sustainable strategies for everyday life. Welcome to the table!

Thursday, November 8, 2012

Thankful Thursday

from our Food Editor, Katheryne Phillips

One of my most favorite people in the world is my eight year old nephew Arion.  It doesn’t seem to matter what I’m doing with him, it’s always fun. I always learn, and I’m constantly laughing and smiling.

This week I had my favorite person all Sunday! Perfect time to show him how special I think he is. He has such a positive effect on me, he brings so much joy to our family, and I just wanted to show him what a great little guy everybody thinks he is.  We planned a day of fun in the sun, and obviously a pit stop at the toy store.

We got lucky because it just happened to be a perfect park day. Bright and sunny, cool breeze, and autumn leaves just starting to fall from the trees. We headed to the neighborhood park for a game of tag, a bit of rock climbing, and a giant cup of green tea lychee shaved ice from the Hawaiian Ice Truck.

After the park, we still had time to play video games, watch a movie, and as promised a visit to the toy store. As if the day hadn’t been good enough already, it just happened to be buy one get one free on the toy he wanted, score!

What a perfect ending to a perfect day, with the perfect person, my favorite person…Arion.

No comments:

Post a Comment