A Sustainable Kitchen brings people together to learn, share, innovate and discuss sustainable strategies for everyday life. Welcome to the table!

Monday, September 10, 2012

Top Chef/Top Fish, A Sustainable Seafood Recipe

I love Top Chef.
I love fish.
I'm not alone in this and when I stumbled across Kim's post on Facebook about the Top Fish Competition I knew I had to submit my Green Ceviche recipe. And now I want to share it with you.

It's hot, the last thing you want to do is turn on the oven or slave over the stove.
This recipe is no-cook and no hassle with delicious results.

Here's what you need, hopefully you are growing these in your backyard or have really nice neighbors who share with you.

Green Ceviche
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 0
Serves 2-4

Ingredients:
1lb Pacific Halibut
3 Tbsp Lime Juice
2 Avocados
1/4 cup finely chopped onion
1/3 cup diced tomatillos
1/2 cup sliced green olives
1 jalapeno seeded and minced
Salt
Pepper
Chips !

Cube your halibut into 1/2" pieces and combine with the lime juice. It needs to marinate for about 30 minutes, you'll see the edges turn opaque. Seed and dice your avocados and add the remaining ingredients to the bowl. Serve with your favorite chips and a refreshing margarita.


No comments:

Post a Comment